A calendar overbooked with meetings is typical in today’s working environment. With Sembly integrations to Google and Outlook calendars, there’s no need to invite the agent to every meeting! Connect your calendar and have all of your conference meetings captured, or handpick meetings to record. It’s that easy!
Calendars give us access to capture all your scheduled video conferencing meetings (whether with Google Meet, Zoom, or other conferencing tools).
|Note, Sembly cannot attend any meetings in the past even after the calendar is connected (still no time machine!).|
As with all other meetings you’d like to capture, Sembly will join only meetings that you schedule using a registered or aliased e-mail in your Sembly user account.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting to Google Calendar.
Connect the calendar
Users can connect to Google Calendar upon registration in Sembly or skip the step and connect in Settings. Below are the steps to connect to Google calendar within the profile settings in Sembly:
- Login to Sembly, click the gear icon on the bottom-left next to your avatar, dive into settings, and select My Calendars
- Select Google Calendar and click Connect
- Set up the Invite Setting under which you'd like Sembly to attend your meetings: only meeting you created, all meetings in your calendar or do not attend to meetings (all the meetings will still sync with Sembly with a "Record" toggle, that you can activate whenever needed)
- Login to your Google Calendar account or select the account from the list if you have more than one. You can connect your Google account with an email address other than the address registered in Sembly. Sembly will recognize this email as an alias and will add it to an alias list
- Accept permissions - click Allow in a pop-up
- After accepting permissions, you will be redirected back to Sembly. From now on, Sembly will join meetings scheduled in your calendar according to the invite settings you chose
Change Google calendar settings
Once you connect your calendar, all calendars associated with the Google account you logged in to will be listed under Google Calendar. You can toggle relevant calendars to sync them. You can toggle all the calendars to collect meetings from all of them or select calendars from the list and leave others without syncing.
You can also modify previously selected Invite Settings. If needed, reselect meetings you wish Sembly to join: "All meetings in my calendar", "Only meetings I created" or "Don't automatically attend". If you choose "Don't automatically attend", Sembly still syncs all meetings in your calendar to its list - where you can handpick meetings you wish to record by toggling on/off the "Record" button.
You can quickly find the utterance in the diarization from where the Activities item is taken: all the items are highlighted.
If you click the Activity item in the list, the diarization automatically scrolls to the relevant point in the meeting with a highlighted activity.
|Every time you make edits to your calendar events, changes will reflect in Sembly. Removing the event from your Calendar will also result in the meeting removal in Sembly.|
Disconnect Google calendars
Should you have a reason to stop syncing your Google Calendar meetings with Sembly, you can do it in two ways:
- disconnect one of the calendars
- disconnect your Google Calendar account
If you choose to disconnect one of the calendars follow the steps below:
- Login to Sembly
- Click your avatar on the bottom of a sidebar. In the dropdown select Settings
- On the left open My Calendars
- Find the calendar you wish to stop syncing with and switch off the toggle
|All scheduled meetings will be removed from Sembly. All previously captured and submitted meetings will remain in Sembly. Meetings from connected calendars will remain in Sembly and be recorded without changes.|
If you decide to disconnect your Google Calendar account follow the steps below:
- Login to Sembly and click your avatar on the bottom left. In the dropdown select Settings
- On the left open My Calendars
- Click more in a calendar account you wish to disconnect
- Click Disconnect
|Once you disconnect, all the calendars in the list will be removed automatically. All finished and submitted meetings will remain in Sembly. All the settings of the current Calendar will be removed including Invite Settings and permissions.|
If you wish to connect another Google Calendar account to Sembly, disconnect first and then repeat the connection steps. A new account e-mail will be now listed in Aliases if it doesn’t match the e-mail you registered with.
Please sign in to leave a comment.